7.30.2010

Homeward Bound
















Long Run # 4. I am happy to report that the troubles I had with tried legs last week are gone. Step back week worked and I felt good for the 9 miles. It wasn't easy - but good. I was cruising along at a speedy clip for miles 4 through 6. I am sure the dropping blood sugar (see below) contributed to the good feelings.

But by mile 7 my quads were starting to feel the effort. I was plugging along - not much paying attention to what was going on around me. As I approached the Longfellow - Homeward Bound started to play. I looked up at one of the best views in Boston and realized that I didn't have far to go and was actually making the turn home.

Another high point of the run - I saw Lucky again and he had a buddy.

Run 9.1 miles
1 hr pre run - 2 hr 40% Basel
Pre BS 216 (Thank you 2:30 AM low where I over treated with the thought that I was going long in the morning.) 1/2 Carb Boom & 1/2 cup of coffee
1 ml 267 .9 units
3 ml 299 .5 units
5 ml 191 6oz Gatorade
Post BS 97

No comments:

Post a Comment